How To Do Business Blogging To Boost Your Product Sales?
Are you stuck with your online business with no sales? Do you have a wonderful website but no traffic? Why are people not buying your online service/products? Maybe, your website doesn’t show up in the results page to target audience. Business blogging can be an answer to all these problems. You can attract relevant audience to your web page, convert visitors into customers and engage with your existing customers only by putting useful content on your website and blogposts tend to be a very useful source of information.
You don’t have to be a tech guru to understand that the current era is immensely dependent on internet. There is no denial that before buying anything ranging from a pen to a home theatre, our fingers drift towards that “search button” on google and voila! We get millions of results about the best brands, designs and reviews and trust me you can even expect “Health benefits of using a home theatre” to pop up in the results.
Now let’s say you have been very curious about knowing the health benefits of honey, you go to the expert, your web browser, and you read an intriguing article on organic honey and on how the research shows it lowers the risk of heart attack. The article is on the web page of an organic honey producing company and maybe you decide to give their product a try.
Blogs as marketing strategy
This was a very simple example where an interesting article/blogpost was used as a marketing strategy to sell honey. You can call it Business Blogging
Now, - you might think, How many blogposts should I post so they pop up every time in related searches? According to a survey conducted in 2015 by HubSpot, business blogging more than 16 times a month increases respective web traffic by more than 3.5 times.
This may sound like a piece of cake, right?
Well, it doesn’t.
Because posting some blogposts on your site doesn’t mean you would get traffic. It must be ranked on the first page of Google’s search engine results. This means you need to optimize your site for the Google search engine since it is where people usually search for the products/services you sell. Your aim is not only to just publish blogposts, but also to ensure they are seen by others. Social media and advertisements are other ways to get visitors to your blog.
Hence, a business blogging would include optimizing your blogposts, promoting them on social media, and advertising.
Yes, I understand that writing a catchy business blogpost that brings visitors to your site and sells your product is tough especially you have a hectic business to run.
But the good news is that you don’t have to do all the heavy lifting. If you are a start-up, you can delegate this writing part, or hire professional blog writers to write for you. It would be worth your time and money. Writers not only writes blogposts, but also content for your website, newsletter, and all sorts of writing to run your business.
Tips for writing business blogs
But, what to write about? Although your writers write for you, you may consider the following things in mind:
- Don’t get over excited about advertising your product or services. Your customer looks for value. Don’t make your blogposts sound as if you want them to buy your product. Your aim should be to provide value so that the customer can make an informed decision to buy your product. Writing blogposts from just an advertisement point of view makes you look desperate to sell the product.
- Share genuine information. As I said before, provide value as information to your customers. Bloggers have the habit of writing shallow content to increase the number of published posts to attract more traffic. However, this doesn’t work anymore, and a good SEO specialist knows that.
- Never criticize other brands without proof. You are sharing knowledge not going to a war. Infact, the counterintuitive strategy usually works. Respect your competitors and focusing on your strengths helps you to gain credibility and trustworthiness.
- ALWAYS make sure your article is edited and proofread by a fresh set of eyes. According to Tom Stafford, Psychologist- “The reason we don't see our own typos is because what we see on the screen is competing with the version that exists in our heads”. And thus, experts are always better. However, if you hire a professional writing service, their team will take care of this for you.
Keep in mind the Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
It’s no use writing blogposts which cannot be targeted to the relevant audience. To boost your product sale, you would first want your articles to reach the potential customers. This can be achieved by optimizing your content for the search engine. How to do it? Below are a few tips:
- Use relevant Keywords: Any person who wants to buy a product/service from you might type his/her queries in the search engine. These queries are known as keywords. Including these keywords at specific positions in your content might help a search engine better understand your service/product.
- Use illustrations and images: Using illustrations justify your content and make it more authentic. This helps your content rank higher in the search engines.
- Learn and update: The readers interests and search change frequently. You must keep up to date on what is trending with your business and update your blogposts regularly. No one wants to read an outdated information.
- Titles and meta descriptions: Make sure your blogposts have relevant titles and meta description. This further helps search engines understand your content and show it to target audience. Also, since the titles and meta descriptions appear on the search results page, they help your potential customers decide if they want to click on your website’s link.
A little knowledge yourself and a professional writing service provider, this is all you need to increase your online product sales through content writing. Be regular with your blogposts, share the content online on different platforms and slowly you can master this excellent marketing strategy of business blogging.